Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Inspirations by Footprints



Ever since I heard of this poem, I was really inspired. Despite the hardship of life, I learned that when you are so down, and feeling alone . you are not alone because GOD is always there. The reason why we survive any trials in life. The strength that inspires me to continue is believing that GOD is in rescue.

My life of having MS for 18 years now is not that easy. Would you believe that I have been blind? That was the most scary part of it. I had experience being paralyzed for 18years now. It's not easy but I manage to live with it. in 2009 I gradually lost of sight, before that ,I already been partially blind on my left eye but its okay, had recovered then. but being totally blind was different. I lose hope and even give-up. It was really the hardest times of my life.
I HOLD ON TO GOD, I remember footprints in the sand. From then on it was not just a poem heard but an inspirations learned.

-Footprints in the Sand-
        One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
             Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
                  In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
                       Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
                           other times there were one set of footprints.

                                  This bothered me because I noticed
                                that during the low periods of my life,
                             when I was suffering from
                         anguish, sorrow or defeat,
                     I could see only one set of footprints.

          So I said to the Lord,
      "You promised me Lord,
         that if I followed you,
             you would walk with me always.
                   But I have noticed that during
                          the most trying periods of my life
                                 there have only been one
                                       set of footprints in the sand.
                                           Why, when I needed you most,
                                          you have not been there for me?"

                                 The Lord replied,
                          "The times when you have
                  seen only one set of footprints,
          is when I carried you."
                                                   Mary Stevenson
THE HARDEST THING IS?
Footprints In The Sand: Have you been inspired by this too?

No comments:

Post a Comment